Video is quickly growing in usage from where it was just a few short years ago. Part of the surge in video use is contributed to the increase in social media. Additionally, most millennials like consuming video-type content over text-based content.
Organizations have already started adapting videos into their learning management systems (LMS). Video-based learning provides several benefits, including:
- Reduces travel costs for training.
- Reduces training costs per employee.
- Helps keep employees interested in learning.
- Can be supplemented with other learning materials to track your employees’ understanding of the content.
- Incorporates several different learning styles.
For businesses and corporations of all sizes, incorporating videos as part of an intuitive learning management system (ILMS) is going to be the wave of the future.
What Is an ILMS Compared to an LMS?
An LMS is the traditional type of learning and training system businesses use to train their employees, contractors, vendors, business partners, etc. With this type of system, content is delivered is a specific format base, such as:
- Slideshow Presentations
- Q&A Formats
- Drawings, Images, and Pictures
- Text-Based Content
- Video Demonstrations/Lectures
An LMS is often a prepackaged software app that offers a “one-size-fits-all” solution. In other words, there can be limits to what the system can do, such as:
- The types of files and documents it will support.
- Delivery of content can be limited to specific devices or online-only.
- Reporting and progress tracking may only offer a set number of styles/formats.
- Customizations can be difficult or even impossible to do.
An ILMS incorporates the best features and options of an LMS, with the added bonus of being an intuitive system that adapts to provide customizable user experiences. Key features of an ILMS include:
- Ease of Use – Users can navigate through the system quickly and easily.
- Accessible Online or Offline – Users have both online and offline access to training materials.
- Builds Brand Awareness – A great ILMS helps you build and strengthen brand awareness.
- Social Networking Features – Some ILMS will allow your employees to share their progress on different social media platforms.
- Rewards – Some ILMS can be configured to award badges, points, or achievements for completing specific lessons.
- Searchable Content – Users can search content to find the videos or other materials they want to review.
- Remembers User’s Preferences – The “intuitive” part of an ILMS remembers each user’s preferences and allows them to customize their experiences to suit their needs.
- ILMS Is Accessible from Any Device – Users can access the system from their smartphones, tablets, or computers.
Here at Raven360, we offer the only cloud platform ILMS in the market, which provides cloud storage, indexing, management, security, and distribution for any type of content, with our special “Netflix”-like front-end user experience.
Our platform embraces the future of learning with an on-demand/subscription-based service you can use for both internal and external employees, partners, contractors, vendors, customers, etc., to help build new digital revenue with your IP and add to your ILT-based revenues.
To learn more about our ILMS and how you can provide “learning at the speed of search” for your employees, please feel free to contact Raven360 at firstname.lastname@example.org!